Sunday, October 13, 2013

DIY: Polka Dot Door

When I first saw Whitney Port's pin I was in love. I knew this would probably be one of the cutest DIY's I've ever seen (and I was totally right). Given the opportunity to design a room, I knew this would be the perfect place to put it. I loved it so much I had to do a duplicate. 




What You'll Need:


Black (or the color of your choice) acrylic paint
and something to put the paint on.

A small variety of paint brushes
to neaten the edges of the dots.

A circular stamp or stencil.
I made this myself by cutting a circle out of cardboard
and hot gluing it to a stick. (A DIY all on it's own.)

Step by Step:

First step is to pick a door.
The smaller the better since this is a tedious project and it takes time.
I recommend laying out newspaper or plastic under the door just in the case that paint would fall.

To stamp the dots on the door,
I dipped my circle stencil in the black paint and then pressed it onto the door.
Next I took a a small paintbrush and smoothed the edges of the circles.

Paint the dots on the door while creating your own pattern.
You can make columns, rows, or just scatter them like I did.

                                         
And you're done!!
(I loved the dots so much I DIYed a second door!)

i.e. the hideous wall color as promised here.

Next DIY: Ombre Walls
xoVS

No comments:

Post a Comment