Thursday, October 10, 2013

How To: Pick Out the Perfect Scarf

It's that time of the year again. When the weather gets cold and we pile on the layers. I particularly love this season because these are the days my hair looks it's best. (Therefore, I'm hinting it doesn't frizz.) Anyway, it's time stash away your daisy dukes and polka dot bikini and begin the hunt for the perfect scarf. With your best interests in mind I have conjured a list of my top five places to find the perfect scarf for the fall (that won't break your bank). 

Click here for nine ways to tie a scarf!

1. World Market - This place is like a hidden treasure because most people don't realize how totally awesome their stuff is. The scarves here are beyond cute and no more than about $30. 

2. Gap - Good ole' Gap is where it's at. They always have the biggest selection of scarves to chose from. Pick your style, shape, color, print and wallah. 

3. Restoration Hardware - I know, you're probably thinking whaaaat is she talking about but trust me on this one. I purchased a cashmere scarf from here last winter and it is incredibly soft and looks great with everything. I bought a linen color that I always get compliments on. I definitely recommend (splurging a bit) getting one for yourself. 

4. Banana Republic - Although this doesn't seem like an ideal place that sales trendy scarves, it really is. The scarves here are by no means as elaborate as the ones you will find at World Market. Here you will find more sophisticated scarves. 

5. Anthropologie/Urban Outfitters/Free People - I know these three shouldn't qualify as one but they have the same owner so that counts right? (And if you didn't know that there's your fun fact for the day.) These stores don't have as much of a variety as World Market and Gap would but they still offer great unique patterns. 
  Here's a guide to help you pick: 
     Anthropologie: sophisticated/vintage
     Urban Outfitters: retro/modern/trendy
     Free People: boho/vintage 

I highly encourage checking a few of these stores out to find the perfect staple scarf. 

xoVS

No comments:

Post a Comment